Recycling / Trash
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
WHAT DO I DO ABOUT MISSED PICKUPS?
- CALL SUNRISE SCAVENGER AT 617-361-8000
WILL WOOD BE PICKED UP?
- Only if cut into 4 ft. lengths & tied. Up to 3 bundles weekly allowed. NO WOOD is allowed in carts. Pallets are not collected curbside or at the Recycle Center Dropoff.
WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE FOR APPLIANCES, MATTRESSES, & BOX SPRINGS?
- Residents should call Sunrise Scavenger at 617-361-8000 prior to trash day to advise that these items are being put out. Mattresses & box springs now must be collected separately and recycled instead of going into the trash per Dept. of Environmental Protection as of 11/2/2022
WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR BULK ITEMS (FURNITURE)?
- TWO PIECES OF FURNITURE MAY BE PUT OUT PER WEEK. NO NEED TO CALL. SEPARATE TRUCK WILL COLLECT LATER IN THE DAY.
WHAT DO I DO ABOUT CONSTRUCTION MATERIAL?
- DOORS, WINDOWS, TOILETS, FENCING, ETC. IS NOT PICKED UP CURBSIDE. IT MUST BE DISPOSED OF THROUGH THE CONTRACTOR DOING THE WORK OR BY TAKING IT TO COMPANIES SUCH AS CHAMPION CITY/BROCKTON OR BOSTON BUILDING MATERIALS (HABITAT FOR HUMANITY WHO WILL PICK UP RE-USABLE ITEMS AT NO CHARGE).
PER FEDERAL LAW: REFRIGERATORS MUST HAVE ALL DOORS REMOVED BEFORE BEING PLACED CURBSIDE DUE TO PUBLIC/CHILD-SAFETY CONCERNS.
Remember to Recycle Right: No Plastic Bags, No Food or Liquids in Containers, No Hoses/Wires/Chains, No Textiles, and No Styrofoam. Kindly empty items loosely into the recycling cart. To see if a specific item is recyclable or not, go to www.recyclesmart.org
Please Recycle Smart !
The Most Important Part of Recycling is YOU!
Contaminated Recycling = Increased Costs
Recycling should be loose - NOT in paper bags or plastic bags.
Click here for updated Recycling Information:MA DEP Mandate
The Town of Braintree provides Trash/Recycling Services to the Single Family homes (up to 4 units), who pay the annual trash fee.
Please be considerate of school age children, people walking and any residents having to use wheelchairs, and keep a path open on your sidewalks when you put your trash out.
THE TOWN OF BRAINTREE DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY KIND OF TRASH SERVICE FOR CONDOMINUMS/APARTMENTS. However, Recycling Services are available at the Residential Drop Off Center. Click here to see what to Recycle Condominium/Apartment Information: Condominium/Apartment Information:
The Town of Braintree does not provide Trash or Recycling services for Commercial/Business residents.
Curbside Pick-Up Reminders
Please remember, missed trash or recycling pick-ups, or to schedule a pick-up of appliances, call Sunrise Scavenger - Customer Service 617-361-8000. For appliances OR MATTRESSES/BOX SPRINGS, a minimum notice of 2 to 3 working days is needed. Missed pick-ups should be called into Sunrise Scavenger within 24 hours.
Weekly Curbside Trash & Recycling Pickup Schedules
Just a reminder...all trash and recycling needs to be placed curbside either the night before, or prior to 7 a.m. Collection time is subject to change due to a variety of reasons such as equipment problems.
Also, your carts should not be set out before 7:00 the night prior to the collection and carts should be removed from the curb within 24 hours of your set out