Curbside Collection Services
PER FEDERAL LAW: REFRIGERATORS MUST HAVE ALL DOORS REMOVED BEFORE BEING PLACED CURBSIDE DUE TO PUBLIC/CHILD-SAFETY CONCERNS.
Weekly Automated Trash/Recycling Collection Program
Missed pickups - Call Capitol Waste Services at 617-569-1718.
ANYTHING OUTSIDE THE CART - Call Capitol Waste Services at 617-569-1718.
- Please have carts curbside prior to 7 a.m.
- Cart lids must be closed so trucks can operate safely.
- Carts should be 2 to 3 feet apart with handles facing house (also same distance from furniture) and in a place with at least 12 feet overhead clearance.
- Only the Town issued carts can be used.
Curbside Yard Waste
Yard Waste is collected curbside in the Spring and in the Fall with your normal trash/recycling collection. Only grass, leaves and branches 1" and under are collected curbside and must be placed in open top containers or paper bags. DO NOT put yard waste in the Town provided trash/recycling carts, cardboard boxes or in plastic bags. Weight limit is 50 pounds. NO Dirt or Rocks.
Holiday Schedule for Trash & Recycling Collection
Whenever a scheduled collection day falls on a holiday, that day’s collection and all remaining collections for the week will be delayed one day. Friday’s collection will be on Saturday. Holidays falling on Saturday do not change the schedule. Holidays falling on a Sunday will result in a one day delay, as Sunday holidays are celebrated on Monday.
No Trash Service (one day delay following the holiday):
- Labor Day - Monday, September 4, 2023
- Columbus/Indigenous Peoples Day - Monday, October 9, 2023
- Veteran’s Day - November 11, 2023 (Saturday, NO DELAY)
- Thanksgiving - Thursday, November 23, 2023
- Christmas - Monday, December 25, 2023
- New Years Day - Monday, January 1, 2024
2024 Curbside Pickup scheduled for the week of Tuesday January 2nd through Saturday January 6th and Monday January 8th through Friday January 12, 2024