Curbside Collection Services
Weekly Automated Trash/Recycling Collection Program
Missed pickups - call Sunrise Scavenger directly at 617-361-8000. Reminders:
- Please have carts curbside prior to 7 a.m. placed 2 feet apart, with handles facing house.
- Cart lids must be closed so trucks can operate safely.
- Carts should be 2 to 3 feet apart (also same distance from furniture) and in a place with at least 12 feet overhead clearance.
- Only the Town issued carts can be used. No extra bags, boxes or barrels will be picked up.
Curbside Yard Waste
Yard Waste is collected curbside in the Spring and in the Fall with your normal trash/recycling collection. Only grass, leaves and branches 1" and under are collected curbside and must be placed in open top containers or paper bags. DO NOT put yard waste in the Town provided trash/recycling carts or in plastic bags.
Holiday Schedule for Trash & Recycling Collection
Whenever a scheduled collection day falls on a holiday, that day's collection and all remaining collections for the week will be delayed one day. Friday's collection will be on Saturday. Holidays falling on Saturday do not change the schedule. Holidays falling on a Sunday will result in a one day delay, as Sunday holidays are celebrated on Monday.
No Trash Service (one day delay following the holiday):
- New Years Day - January 1, 2019
- MLK Jr. King Day - January 21, 2019
- President's Day - February 18, 2019
- Patriot's Day - April 15, 2019
- Memorial Day - May 27, 2019
- Independence Day - July 4, 2019
- Labor Day - September 2, 2019
- Columbus Day - October 14, 2019
- Veteran's Day - November 11, 2019
- Thanksgiving - November 28, 2019
- Christmas - December 25, 2019
Curbside pickup 2018 is scheduled for the weeks of January 2, 2018 and January 7, 2018 on your regular trash/recycling pickup day ONLY. Otherwise, drop off at the Compost Site open through end of January.
2019 Curbside Pickup scheduled for weeks of December 30, 2019 and week of January 6, 2020, ONLY. Otherwise drop off at the Compost Site open through end of January.