With formal study and approval of abutters, the direction of one-way local streets may be changed. This limits cut-through traffic.
- Reduces the number of cut-through drivers
- Implementation often requires only signs; no physical changes are needed
- Impacts access, which results in more traffic on other streets
- Does not reduce mid-block speeds
- Impacts the direct access by emergency vehicles
- Increases travel distance for drivers
- Consider contraflow bicycle travel to reduce impact on bicycle routes